Monday, July 15, 2013

So I decided to revisit a few books I have read in the past that I LOVE FALL FROM GRACE, SAVING GRACE AND SCARS AND SONGS BY CHRISTINE ZOLENDZ.  OK first off i have a thing for stories about angels. So I when I first bought FALL FROM GRACE I was like yes. Then after I started reading I couldn't put it down. Grace the main female character is snarky and well versed in just about everything. She is the bad ass female we all wish we could be. I mean really who wouldn't want to be beautiful and quick witted.( I am rarely both at the same time) Not to mention she has a heart the size of Manhattan. Then there is Shane f**k me Maxton. He is definitely a king kong donkey kong. ( I would climb him like king kong and get it on like donkey kong) He is not your typical bad boy although he is a man whore, but there is so much more to him. Through out the first book i wasn't sure if i wanted to kick him in the nards or invite him over for a corona ;) and some fun. Now I've said it before and I'll say it again women love the broken ones add in bad boy to that and it's panty dropping time.
As I got to know Shane an Grace I couldn't help but fall in love with them and their story. The push and the pull. The fear of falling yet not being able to deny it. In the first  two books you watch this great love story unfold. The situations and fights were actually realistic. I hate it when I'm reading a book and i have that are you kidding me moment. Not to say anything can't happen but let's not get too crazy. I love the fact that these books had me reaching for a cigarette and a glass of wine to both calm me for so many different situations, the passion the fighting the pain. You chose which one.
Aside from Shane and grace there were other great characters. there was the group of friends we all wish we had. Now if your going to tell me you wouldn't want to hang with a bunch of hot musicians i will tell you to your face that you are a liar. Although I do think that if I hung out with Tucker I would probably end up in Nassau county correction facility. He's that dude that makes you want to bathe in bleach  after you hang out with him. As for  Grace's best friend Lea she's great as my grandma would say she's a real spit fire. She actually reminds me of my sister with her take no shit attitude.
There are other characters along the way like Gabriel now him I would love to drop kick in the balls. I guess it's not right to say that about an angel but it's true. He's just all kinds of f**ked up.
In the third book you get to hear Shane's side of things and let me tell you I fell deeper in love with him.  I mean seriously he is just hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What it all boils down to is a great love story with a bunch of twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment