Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blown away by Colleen Hoover

Yay I finally finished Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover. It took me four days only because i forced myself to put it down. Sometimes the little things in life need to be taken care of. Like feeding the kids and laundry. Now I know they don't trump reading but it's hard to read when you have kids whineing in the background.  I also wanted to savor each moment of the book like a fine wine.  I read Hopeless in the past and I loved it . I've actually read all of the slammed series too and damn Colleen Hoover is a great writer, but i'm here to talk about Losing Hope not the other books right. Well this is Holden's point of view. Don't worry there isn't alot of overlap. Actually there were times where I found myself bracing for a part that I knew was coming up but it didn't. Why you ask well duh it's from Holders point of view and he wasn't in the scene from Hopeless.
The characters in this book are so well developed and loveable. You just want to reach into the pages and hold them. Finding out about Les (Holders sister) and her story and how Breckin and Holder interact was great, and don't get me started on Daniel  Holder's best friend. He's a dip shit but he's a funny dipshit. Seeing inside Holders mind the pain the guilt the self loathing was really heart wrenching. Then once again watching his and Sky's relationship unfold was great. I loved it when I first read Hopeless and I loved it now. Colleen Hoover has a way of making your mind pull the characters from the pages and play out in a little movie in your head .
From the moment I opened the book I was captivated. The way the emotions played out from Les's death to should he tell Sky the truth or not right upto dealing with the truth I could acually feel it. This was just an amazing book, and I sincerely hope that Colleen Hoover gives us more of Holder and Sky's story. Fingers crossed. xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment